Effective Strategies for Classroom Management Plan
To create a joyfull learning climate, a teacher must be able to apply the components of learning strategies, so that the learning objectives that have been set can be achieved optimally. This is also done so that students are enthusiastic in taking lessons.
In improving achievement or learning outcomes in the form of instructional impacts and to direct the impact of accompaniment on positive things, the teacher must be able to create effective learning and apply learning strategies.
Efforts to improve the quality of teaching and learning can be achieved by applying strategies for classroom management plans. The applicable classroom management plan, as follows:
A # STRATEGY FOR THE WHOLE CLASS
1) Lecture, by giving verbal knowledge by means of the teacher presenting a broad amount of information efficiently, which serves to provide basic knowledge needed for future activities, presenting an important knowledge for students to learn
2) Discussion, by focusing on interactions, where students as participants are welcome to express knowledge and understanding as well as opinions / opinions about a topic.
3) Debate, as a strategy that requires higher level thinking, where students learn information about an issue or idea by taking a pro or contra position. So students must learn to listen, manipulate knowledge to attract both factual and emotional needs in their audience.
4) Teacher demonstration, as a strategy the teacher places his role to provide knowledge or skills by demonstrating a method. This strategy was chosen because of limited time and scarcity of material needed.
5) Providing directions is to provide efficient information about what, why, how, where, when tasks and class activities.
B # SMALL GROUP STRATEGIES
1) Cooperative learning is the formation of groups that "share" the same learning, work independently to achieve mastery, and ensure that all group members can achieve group goals successfully
2) Collaborative learning is learning that requires students to work together but the results are more open in general. Individual responsibility for this learning is greater than in cooperative situations.
C # LEARNING STRATEGIES BY WORKING IN PAIRS
1) Forming student mentors, namely forming pairs of students with skills that are not the same, by placing one student who is ready to mentor a partner's friend.
2) Forming random pair work is used on a short-term basis because it only thinks for a moment, to meet student needs or fulfill task demands.
Read also: Best Practices in Educational Leadership
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT PLAN TO BUILD A CONDUCIVE CLASS
A conducive learning and learning climate will feel comfortable, safe, calm and pleasant. This is a prerequisite for ongoing learning activities that are dynamic, creative and productive. Such conditions will increase student learning outcomes, because students are motivated in learning and learning without feeling depressed.
The class management strategies that can be done by teachers to create conducive learning conditions are:
1. Providing choices for students who are slow or fast in carrying out learning tasks. In a classroom learning system, some students will find it difficult to follow learning optimally and demand the extra role of the teacher to provide remedial learning
2. Provide remedial learning for students who are underachieving, or have low achievement. In a classroom learning system, some students will find it difficult to take lessons optimally. And demands the participation of teachers to provide remedial learning
3. Developing an effective, attractive, comfortable and safe class organization for the development of the potential of all students, as well as appropriate, effective and efficient classroom management
4. Creating mutual respect cooperation, both among students and between students and teachers and other learning managers. This implies that every student has the widest opportunity to express his views without any fear of getting sanctioned or humiliated.
5. Involve students in the learning planning process. In this case the teacher must be able to position himself as a guide and human resource. Occasionally try to involve students in the learning planning process, so that they feel responsible for the learning being carried out.
6. Developing the learning process as a shared responsibility between students and teachers, so that more teachers act as facilitators and as learning resources.
7. Develop a learning and learning evaluation system that emphasizes self evaluation. In this case the teacher as a facilitator must be able to help students to assess how they are making progress in the learning process that they are going through.
With the conducive learning climate, it will encourage the realization of an active, creative, effective and meaningful learning process that emphasizes learning to know, learning to do, learning to be and learning to live together.
Such an atmosphere will foster the growth of independence and reduced dependence among students, be adaptive and proactive and have a tenacious, innovative, confident, responsible, hard work, discipline, respect for quality and take risks.
You can implement several classroom manegement plans by adjusting to the needs and conditions of your class. Good luck.